Wednesday 24 November 2010

Christmas is all wrapped up....




ha, I wish! but I'm not too far away. I have estimated approx. 50 handmade numbers this year and today made 26 using 2 designs and have all the making for the next 26 all ready, see my neatly organised ironing board here, yes, don't read back, it does say ironing board! Set at the correct height it's a great desk and the floor comes in handy too. I would have these made too only I need to use a few different sentiment stamps and need to compile a list to see how many of each. I had this made in a prototype but the sentiments wouldn't work and since I took delivery of an adorably pink and glitzy Big Shot yesterday I thought I'd have a play with some nesties I got a while back! Yup, bonkers me bought nesties before the machine, a while before!!! I used one of the square labels and cut it in half - 2 for the price of one - and played for a bit to decide where to put it. My only dilemma now is if I should leave it 'mobile' or stick it down. I've enjoyed making these (apart from the vast number required) as I've used primarily new stash. The Clarity stamp is one I bought on my birthday back in May when we were staying near Hornsea but haven't used until now.. I bought the topper off a download site and the 'wax seal' on the 'special' one is something I've been wanting to play at for ages. I did proto these in b&w but decided coloured mirri works better - hope you agree! Have to say though, after embossing 50 matts, that thrill when the heat chases and melts did wear seriously thin.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh get you, you got a proper little production line going!!! well done :)

    I LOVE that seal & congrats on getting your mitts on a big shot, you lucky girl :D

    ReplyDelete