Monday 1 November 2010

New exploding box!







Wow, ooops, I was going to say I was on a roll for October, but just realised today is November 1st! I did start these in October though, so does that count? I was asked for a 70th card for a friends mother in law. My friend gave me loads to go on, such a help when you can get an image of the person if you don't know who you are making them for. She told me her likes and parts of her life, so I included little motifs under the text on each page to match relevant parts of her life history. Being 70 and using a square box, I was left with a blank page and wondered what to do with it - checked back at the brief I was given and there was a mention of her gorgeous little granddaughters, how much bigger a part of your life do they get!! So, in went a lovely picture of them together. I'm loving going down the 'gift' side of card making. Doing flat ones are all well and good and there is a sure need for them, but doing the special makes is such a pleasure and indulgence it surely should be rationed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment