Saturday 25 September 2010

Ooooh, commisions!!!

I was asked by a friend to make two wedding cards, and for this she was willing to subsidise my crafting addiction :0 . The Groom is Spanish and they live in Northern Spain. I had no idea where to start with this, but after a google of Catalan weddings, the only thing that stood out was the heavy use of lace. When wasting - I mean stocking up on some craft essentials I found this gorgeous lace in a shop and had to have some. I then looked in on a local shop that has just opened and as is popular, they have the 'fill your box' paper deal and although I didn't have time to do that, I did spot the stunning backing card used here! This was where the colouring came from and the fact that when I think of Spain, I think terracota! The brown ribbon was off a box of chocolates. The rest were stock items. I have had a tray of beads for a long while now and they went beautifully on the cute pins I've recently bought. I love this card. It's not 'weddingy' per se, but it is romantic and I, for a change, love one of my cards!

The second card was from the bride and groom's boys. My remit was that the card be 'childlike' and to Mummy and Daddy (catalan spanish) and that Daddy is a farmer. I had a brainwave of making a tractor a wedding car and set about finding die cut tractors! I bid on ebay for these and asked the lady to ensure one of the 4 was white! When they (2 extra) arrived there was the white but then this lovely orange! I knew I wanted to personalise in the tyres but that's not actually that easy! Just about pulled it off. The rest just 'happened'! I love the staples on this card - very random! Oh and the paperclip was one I was about to put on some documents when I realised it was the perfect colour! This is definately a quirky and original wedding card - I hope the bride and groom like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment