Saturday 2 October 2010

Card of the century!

I was asked by a friend to make a card for her grandmother who was approaching 100! I can't see me making many cards for 100th birthday! Anyhow, when deciding what to do I thought the occasion deserved more than a bi-fold, tri-fold or any kind of 'fold' card and needed something a little more 'wow'. Then, after coming up with the exploding box - I've only made two before and they were for family - I wondered what to put on the tabs, I have no photos to help here. I came up with the idea of putting the news of the century on the tabs and being a pentagon I could use a decade per tab. Research for news took most of the time on this project. I recently bought some lovely Laura Ashley papers and ribbons and they seemed fitting for this box. I am totally besotted with all the Prima pearls and crystal swirls and one I had was just the right size for the lid on this. Loads of inking done here - I have the brown thumb of a crafter! I love this little box, I love the idea of the news stories and have updated my history at the same time! Hope my customer likes what I've made.







No comments:

Post a Comment