Sunday 24 October 2010

'It's good to be alive' weather



A phrase coined by a close friend of mine and this picture was taken on one of those special days. I ADORE this photo, sometimes the gal does good when clicking away with the camera and this is one of those sometimes. The setting is one of our favourite dog walks in North Yorkshire, the child is mine!! The 'mood' in this photo makes my heart swell and I have a huge surge of love that rushes through me like a drug. I knew when I saw this photo that I had to scrap it and quickly, I also knew that there could be no journalling, no ribbons, buttons nor bows, this picture demanded ALL the attention, so I began by inking up some tissue paper, recycled from a shoe box I've been hoarding. I 'rolled' it onto glossy card stock with a kitchen roll (later to transformed into a scrapbook, the kitchen roll did good!) then, using one of the leaves we collected that day I spritzed my glimmer mists in 3 shades of Autumn, the leaf itself is now stunningly shimmery! As I couldn't use the said leaf, it is already in a state of decline and would disintegrate within days, laminating would spoil her beauty, so I printed and inked one from my files. I got out my friend Robbie the Robo and cut out the title once I had decided on one. I spritzed this with the shimmers too to tie it all together. Simplicity isn't always simple mind, and this LO wasn't as quick as it appears it should have been, but then the picture dictates plenty of love and care be taken, and it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment