Saturday 16 April 2011

A few cards



This is a little card I made using a stamp I HAD to have after reading Craft Stamper magazine! I love it. Here I only used part of the stamp and was surprised how easy this stamp was to only ink part of. The background was made with a brayer and my Juicy pad. With a little organza ribbon and a few pearls I love it!!!


Inspired by the first card I went on the make this one. I made the background lighter which meant I could add more of the stamp. I added a small greeting with white ink too. I love this little pair.


This next one was meant for the 52 card challenge. But I messed up big time. One of the prompts was for it to be unisex and although some men are in touch with their feminine side I think this would be pushing it. All the same though, I think this is a lovely simple card for ds to give to a school friend at a party. Some times I think giving handmade cards on this occasion is a little over the top if they are too detailed so this simple idea fits the bill imo!


This card was also for the challenge. I love this card and love the sentiment. Sadly it is now in my card box unsold as I left it a little late. The prompts for this were red/folded/journalling.


Ah, now this is my little baby! I struggle - like most - with mens cards and I had to make Dad's for him to take home. I bought these lovely stamps at the GNPE and basically had a night of pure fun!!!! Inks galore here. I used a linen cardstock for the map and spritzed with dylusions mica spray. Added distress/versafine inks - about 3 in total. When you touch this card you get a wow!!!!


This one is also a male triumph for me! I love the personal touch to this! Sometimes I am unsure of a reaction to my cards but I know Dad will love this one - the other isn't his bag but I hope he appreciates the techniques, but this one he will love!

That is me uptodate on the card side - sadly I am about 4 weeks behind on the 52 card week challenge but I hope to catch up this week.
tfl!

No comments:

Post a Comment