Saturday 16 April 2011

Lo's a go-go!!!

After the GNPE I was inspired to craft and made 3 LO's in one week!!!! Go me!


This was the first. It uses the crackle effect I saw Jo Channon do on Create and Craft.My first try turned into a happy accident. Not quite like this but given the idea I had, it did work - check out the valentines I did with a wooden heart on. So when I got a chance to see Jo demo this effect, she walked me through it and this matt is the outcome! I did this that night I was so eager to get it right! The journaling details why I needed to do this LO!


This next LO is one of my favs. It is of my gorgeous niece. My sister asked me to make an album for her and I started with a couple of pages (look back for them). This is one where she is having a rare 'power' nap. We called her the duracell bunny as she would rarely be put down for long. I love the delicate bedding and subtle colouring. She is now very much a tomboy and I felt using pink would not be inkeeping with her as a mini person so I went for lilac. I needed to keep this LO simple and buy using a Tim Holtz mask and distress ink I hope I managed it.. I carefully inked the lace and added a link off a necklace I bought in Sainsbury's.



This last of the trio for some reason doesn't photograph well and definitely looks better irl! I used acrylics to create the 12 x 12, used a mixture of bubblewrap, acrylic paint and stamps to create the pattern. I made a mask on my Robo to make the title and added a few flowers. The little flower on the bottom of the picture is made using a couple of pieces of a friends necklace that broke on her - I love utilising effectively rubbish! So that is the fruits of my labour for just one week!!!! I was impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment