Tuesday 9 March 2010

A late wedding gift - exploding box!

I made this box, the first I've ever done, for my cousin/her husband a month after their wedding. I'd had a thought of making one and thought this would be a great opportunity to play. The rose in the centre was a buttonhole saved from the day. Each page was a pleasure to embellish. Some were a challenge - why do some things just refuse to be glued down? My cousins wedding was a bit of a craftathon for me as for some delusional reason I was asked to make the cake! Now I've made





the odd birthday cake and made Adams Christening cake ~ more of that later ~ but a full on Wedding cake ~ my cousin clearly thought more of my skills than exists!













I have since made another exploding box for another cousins daughters 18th. I wanted to make a card to remember and managed to get photos of her over the years from her mum and it was beautiful even if i say so myself.




I'd like to make the next one with a gift in the middle,
now what occasion could i pick for that I wonder?


There are many sites on the internet with the dimensions required to make a box and the rest is just one huge
craftfest with papers and your craft stash! You can do as I did here and buy embellishments for the occasion but it isn't
necessary, things you have will find a use, a great way to use up those last few things you have.

Strangely enough, they also don't take that
long to create ~ ooops, should I admit that?

No comments:

Post a Comment