Saturday 11 February 2012

Love is in the air!!!!

This is my Week 5 card for UKScrappers 52 card challenge. The prompt was simply 'aperture'! I was playing making an acetate backing paper with alcohol inks and pearl glue. I hand drew the hearts in the glue then added the inks - I can't remember the ink names but there is a pale pink (maybe pink sherbet), cranberry (I think) and green lettuce (again I think). Then I panicked a bit when I realised next Tuesday was valentines and I ought to make something for Mark. Looked at the cards I needed to make for the challenge, I'm still behind, and chose wk 5. I hand drew the heart and cut it out (rather smug and a little more than pleased with it!) then panicked again with where this was going. Looked at stamping and settled on masking. I had cut out flowers with the remaining acetate but a: the punch DID not like that, I had to put it between post its, b: looked yuk when I put them on. So I quickly tore a spiral rose and inked it to match the inks on and around the card and found the die cut leaf in my now nicely sorted die cuts!

1 comment: