Saturday 4 February 2012

Savvy!



This is my darling at the moment! The one you just can't stop looking at - you all know what I mean! To some it may not look much, to some you may wonder what I see in it but to me it is my baby! It was initially an idea I had for the 52 card challenge on UKS where the promp was bunting/pennants/flags and I drew a sketch of a boat. Adam got the Pirates of the Caribbean 'Black Pearl' for Christmas and I thought it would be cool to be different - no tea party bunting here, no sir!!!! Then I kind of got carried away and set to making it as close to the Black Pearl as I could with my limited or should I say, complete lack of artistic talent! Oh, don't get me wrong, I can glue and stick and sometimes make pretty papers with ink, but art, nope! I can't draw, paint or colour in. But I did manage to draw this boat, cut it out, work out just how the sails needed to be drawn and cut out and although the Jolly Roger isn't perfect, I think I did a fairly good job for an amateur! Adam is as blown away with it as I am - only problem is a: his birthday isn't until August, b: he's seen it!

This is also a 2012 thrift item as all card stock was from my scrap (even the 8 x8 was the other half to one chopped up for tags), the cannons are very old peel-offs and the sentiment I don't even remember getting but they have been in a folder for a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment